We respect the privacy of everyone who visits this site.
Eigen Innovations Inc. (“we”, “our”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information.
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED ON THIS WEBSITE?
Eigen Innovations Inc. whose registered office is at Fredericton, New Brunswick controls the personal information collected on this Website.
SPECIAL NOTICE - CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature.
- Technical information, including any login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Website interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products and services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our business partners.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH COOKIES AND OTHER AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). To learn more or to opt-out of tailored advertising please visit Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Tool for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect and use personal information in order to:
- respond to queries or requests submitted by you
- administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us
- anticipate and resolve problems with any products or services supplied to you
- better tailor and improve the features of our Website, products and services
- create products or services that may meet your needs.
- present our Website and its contents to you.
- fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it. We may also use your information in any other way we may describe when you provide the information, or for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information in any other way we may describe when you provide the information or for any other puprose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, as permitted by law. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, use the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails or e-mail us at email@example.com
PROVIDING YOU WITH ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
From time to time we would like to use your personal information for purposes other than as set out in the above section.
We believe that these additional uses will be of benefit to you. However, we understand that you may not wish us to use your information in this way.
We will not use your information for the purposes set out below if you have indicated that you do not wish us to use your information in this way when submitting the information.
Additionally, if at any time you wish us to stop using your information for any or all of the below purposes, please let us know (see contact information below).
We will take the necessary steps to stop the use of your information for such purposes with immediate effect.
In such case we will, however, continue to use your personal information for the purposes set out in the above section for as long as necessary to achieve such purposes.
From time to time we will use the information you supply to us for:
- market research and tracking of sales data
- informing you about our products and services, which may include contacting you by telephone
- giving the information to Eigen Innovations offices and companies, which may be located outside Canada, to enable them to send you information which may be of interest to you.
CHAT ROOMS, NOTICE BOARDS, NEWSGROUPS
Please be careful about what personal information you disclose in this way.
E-MAIL, FEEDBACK AND FORUM FACILITIES
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Eigen Innovations our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
KEEPING OUR RECORDS ACCURATE
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate and current as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, please contact us as set out below. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure and will update these measures as new technology becomes available, as appropriate.
Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact us using the contact information listed above.